[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Kerb

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Thu Aug 11 04:48:43 BST 2011

I assume that if I have a way that runs along the physical location of the kerb (e.g. because it's a closed way or part of a multi-poly that's used to define a landuse area) I could tag that way with kerb= to indicate the type of kerb?

In that case, how should the type of kerb shown in this image be tagged?


How should a stormwater drain be tagged?


And how should the place where a footpath crosses onto the road be tagged?


-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Mann [mailto:richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com] 
Sent: Friday, 29 July 2011 6:36 AM
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools
Subject: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Kerb

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://www.kohl-ratingen.de/images/kohl-markierung/z.299.jpg

That's a dropped kerb, which is probably semantically equivalent to "lowered". But "dropped" is the standard en-gb term.

Tagging mailing list
Tagging at openstreetmap.org

More information about the Tagging mailing list