[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - man_made=billboard

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 22:13:46 BST 2011

Hi,

The proposed feature is
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Billboard

There a already a few nodes in OSM that use this tag. I have a website
in the works to display this data using Wordpress OSM (getting the .osm
file through xapi and then converting it to a marker file is pretty easy).

I think most of the information about this tag is on the page above, so
I'll stay brief. I'll simply add that appart from the numerous uses of
data collected on billboards, this type of crowsurfing will probably get
more contributors involved in openstreetmap (I already have a few people
from anti-advertising communities learning OSM thanks to this project).

I'm available for any questions/comments/etc.

Arthur