[Tagging] man_made=crane

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 05:18:19 BST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Mihkel Rämmel <rm87 at hot.ee> wrote:
> Wiki page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Crane about crane has
> controversial information on it. On one place it says that these tags can be
> used on nodes and ways on other place it says that on nodes and areas.
> Shouldn't it be the third option (nodes, ways and areas)?

Heh, so it does. Nodes and areas certainly seem legitimate. I'm a bit
iffy about using ways to mean "crane on rails" as I think you can have
several cranes sharing the same set of rails, and I think it would be
legitimate to describe the rails and the crane (in some indicative
central position) separately.

I've updated to include area in the main text, and left the way icon
there as well.

Steve