[Tagging] Translating tags into the database itself ?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:35:46 BST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Binomial names are written with a capital a space and a lowercased second
> word. It's not a finite set, as it is even possible to mention cultivars.

It is not finite but it is standardized. Then, translations can be
automated in software applications.
If there is no objection, I would like to modify the wiki and remove
the language namespace in "species" and "taxon" or at least, indicate
that this in only acceptable as a temporary solution. I could also add
a link to wikipedia about binomial nomenclature:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_nomenclature

Pieren