[Tagging] Request for comments on proposed tags for amenity=drinking_water

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Aug 24 21:46:31 BST 2011

> I sometimes tag a type with it. In my area there are many individual
> fountains (usually older ones) but also a lot of the same in ~3
> different types. E.g. in your link
> http://www.roninrome.com/living-in-italy/water-water-everywhere the
> first pictures are type=nasone (or maybe type=it:nasone).
We have another "type" which is a shop that has registered with an
authority, promising to fill people's personal bottles on request.

If that's done it must be a live import, as those records are constantly
updated by the authority.  The nodes have to be tagged for import
synchronization purposes:

     type=free_water
     source=Town of Nowhere
     source:pkey=123XJ
     source:website=http://www.tapwater.org/stockists

And it is also unclear if it is practical to conflate (then later
remove) the "free_water" attribute directly on the shop's nodes.

             -Bryce

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2009/10/06/refill-stations-challenge-londons-bottled-water-industry/