[Tagging] RFC: place=neighbourhood

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Aug 31 11:14:17 BST 2011

On 31/08/2011 02:04, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> I encourage use of this type of tag /primarily/ on /nodes/.
> The boundaries in most case are far too fluid to use this on areas.

I tend to agree with Bryce. Quite often in the UK there are
disagreements where suburbs/neighbourhoods boundaries occur.
There's also boundary creep when residents can address their property as
being in an adjacent area when it's perceived to be a bit posher.

I wish to reiterate that a polygon tagged as place/boundary should not
be sub-tagged as landuse=residential.

Glad to see we're using the British spelling of neighbourhood. Some
mappers state-side appear not to like the use of the letter U.

Dave F.