[Tagging] landuse=residential and named residential areas which belong together (neighbourhoods/subdivisions?)

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Wed Aug 31 16:12:03 BST 2011

* Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> [2011-08-31 08:50 -0400]:
> There's a third possibility - the unincorporated suburb or exurb
> that nevertheless has a defined boundary, since it's planned or
> controlled by one company. I think Columbia, Maryland is this way

It is.  Additionally, Columbia could benefit a lot from the proposed
place=neighbourhood tag, because it's composed of several (twelve, I
think) separate "villages", each of which has its own village center with
retail, commercial, and recreational facilities to serve the surrounding
residences.

--- --
⊦:.α,β∈1.⊃:α∩β=Λ.≡.α∪β∈2
                       -- Theorem 54.43 from _Principia Mathematica_,
                          which proves that 1+1=2