[Tagging] A name for stony ground?

Johan Jönsson johan.j at goteborg.cc
Wed Aug 31 18:50:22 BST 2011

A name to use for tagging stony ground. 
I am looking for a denomination to use for an area that have little or no
vegetation so that the stony ground shows. Could there be a tag describing
everything from coarse gravel, boulders, scree to exposed bedrock.

I have earlier looked for a name for areas of exposed bedrock, depreceating just
rock or rocks because of ambiguity with large stones and cliffs and arriving at
the term: "bare_rock"
There seem to be some precedent on using bare_rock both for solid bedrock and
fragmented pieces of bedrock and fields of boulders.

So do anyone have any insight in this?

previously discussed in

More information about the Tagging mailing list