[Tagging] power=tower enhancement

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:13:34 GMT 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 21:12, Nick Austin <nick.w.austin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) Where three cables meet one of two of them may come up a riser and
> it's impossible to tell which is the supply cable and which is leading
> to a destination.
> 4) When underground cables fail they are often abandoned and left in
> place. The ends of the cable are disconnected at the top of each
> riser.
>
> And finally I think that it's going to be difficult for many people to
> verify that the information is correct. I'm not keen on having
> information in the OSM database that can only be checked and updated
> by very few people.

I would really like you to expand on why adding
"riser=power_line;tele_communication"  would make things difficult to
map. Though I think it might be hard to visualize making accidental
deletions a worry.

Risers seems to be pretty easy to map, but under ground cables might
not be quite as easy (since even tunnels are hard).