[Tagging] power=tower enhancement

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:58:48 GMT 2011

On 14 December 2011 14:11, Nick Austin <nick.w.austin at gmail.com> wrote:

> The risers I've seen can only be properly identified by close up
> inspection, it's generally just a metal half-tube nailed to one side
> of the pole through which the cable then passes. Identification of
> which poles have risers can only be done by close-up inspection.
>
> However as far as the UK is concerned most of the rural distribution
> network is built on private land so only the land-owner would have the
> necessary access rights to be able to map risers on their section of
> the overhead line..

This argoment does only apply to poles (Power=pole). For pylons
(tower=power) this is not normally true. With pylons you can clearly see
the power lines that go the ground at an angle (often to a transformer or a
switch yard).
 Also I don't think this situation is called "riser" at all. Risers exist
only with poles.

Volker

Volker SCHMIDT
Via Vecchia 18/ter