[Tagging] power=tower enhancement

Nick Austin nick.w.austin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:11:59 GMT 2011

The risers I've seen can only be properly identified by close up
inspection, it's generally just a metal half-tube nailed to one side
of the pole through which the cable then passes. Identification of
which poles have risers can only be done by close-up inspection.

However as far as the UK is concerned most of the rural distribution
network is built on private land so only the land-owner would have the
necessary access rights to be able to map risers on their section of
the overhead line..