[Tagging] RFC: place=neighbourhood

"Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" xificurk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:17:12 GMT 2011

Josh Doe napsal(a):
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is a 'new' (formalized) proposal for place=neighbourhood.
>>
>> More details here:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/place%3Dneighbourhood
>>
>> Waiting for comments especially for the aspect, that you could apply
>> this tag to all kind of settlement fractions including commercial and
>> industrial (and of course mixed) areas. I guess the wording
>> "neighbourhood" does suggest other.
>
> Martin, what would you say to putting this up for a vote now? I
> changed the proposal wording to clarify mapping with nodes vs. areas,
> which should satisfy some previous objections.

Well, personally I would be glad if we could change the definition to
something like "smallest inhabited entity in the division hierarchy of
larger settlement".
I would like to use this tag for rural areas, i.e. named parts of
villages, because place=suburb sounds like a horrible idea for this purpose.

Best regards,
Petr Morávek aka Xificurk