[Tagging] RFC: place=neighbourhood

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:46:58 GMT 2011

2011/12/29 "Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" <xificurk at gmail.com>:
> Josh Doe napsal(a):
>> Martin, what would you say to putting this up for a vote now?

+1, see parallel announcement

> Well, personally I would be glad if we could change the definition to
> something like "smallest inhabited entity in the division hierarchy of
> larger settlement".
> I would like to use this tag for rural areas, i.e. named parts of
> villages, because place=suburb sounds like a horrible idea for this purpose.

that's perfectly fine (and the intention of this tag). Isn't this
already covered by this paragraph? "You can map settlement parts which
are bigger then a single plot and smaller then a quarter with this
tag. It can apply to residential areas, commercial areas, industrial
areas and all other kind of landuse and mixes of landuses. It depends
on history, culture, politics, economy and more how settlements are
organized, so more specific rules are avoided."

cheers,
Martin