[Tagging] [OSM-dev] capitals; normalizing true, yes and 1

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 19:32:57 GMT 2011

2011/2/1 Lennard <ldp at xs4all.nl>:
> Fortunately, for capital, we only use yes and not the other 2 variants in
> the main mapnik map. It's not logical to add these at this point. We already
> have to normalise true and 1 to yes for bridges and tunnels, and if those
> variants would disappear from the database and the wiki, all the better.

yes, at least we could _recommend_ to not use true or 1 any more in
the wiki. It is really pointless to encourage mappers to use any of
those three when in the end it will create trouble and effort for data
consumers without any benefit for the mappers. Of course there will
remain -1 to indicate the opposite direction in oneway streets.

> Anyway, shouldn't this now move to [tagging] ?

done

cheers,
Martin