[Tagging] [OSM-dev] capitals; normalizing true, yes and 1

Daniel Sabo danielsabo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:19:01 GMT 2011

I would prefer we normalize in the actual database instead of coming up with a ton of transformations needed to convert the data to something meaningful. Bots tend to have unintended consequences though, so if you want to do it yourself I would just use XAPI to pull the data in to JOSM and change it by hand.

In this specific case it seems safe to convert capital=true -> capital=yes, but the other values I'm less sure what they were intending.