[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Site Relation

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:29:48 GMT 2011

you deleted one of the more important parts of this relation IMHO: the
label-node which would serve as a suggested label placement. I made
some of these relations and I was never sure, which objects I should
put into the relation (as for instance the spatial configuration
already says that everything inside the perimeter is part of the
site). I guess a possible rendering implementation could be to not
render the single parts (if they are pois) but only the relation
(depending on the zoom, this for low zooms obviously), so in the
relation we could put all single pois that wouldn't have to be
rendered in low zooms.

There should also be a role "ticket_office" or similar

We could differentiate main entrances from lateral ones

We could have a role for exits.

We should encourage people to add opening_hours.

But the most encouraging part for the mappers would surely be an
implementation for the renderers.

Btw.: there are already 128136 of these relations in the data. Please
put the description of roles you removed back into the wiki.

Cheers,
Martin