[Tagging] [OSM-dev] capitals; normalizing true, yes and 1

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 13:15:40 GMT 2011

2011/2/5 Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>:
> I think this is OK. Below admin_level=4, there are no coterminous capitals.

you should be aware that admin_level=3;4 will not be evaluated by most
of our applications, that's why the semicolon should be avoided if
possible (IMHO).

I think that capital=6 (it is indeed a capital e.g. in Italy for
provinces) can be used as well as even capital=8 (even if these are
not coterminous capitals, this would be logically fine to mark the
administrative main places).

cheers,
Martin