[Tagging] Draft - Vegetarian/Vegan

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:53:47 GMT 2011

2011/2/14 Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net>:
> Hello,
>
> Please read and comment on my draft proposal to improve our tagging of
> vegetarian and vegan food:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Vegetarian
>
> I want to use something more sophisticated than "cuisine=vegetarian" for
> restaurants, cafes and shops.

I am not an expert in this field, but maybe it would be better to do
it the other way round: yes/strictly, i.e. vegetarian=yes implies
available while vegetarian=strictly implies that no meat has ever been
fried in their pans ;-)

AFAIK there is quite a lot of differentiation in the vegetarian
community (e.g. Ovo, lacto, ovo-lacto, veganism, raw veganism,
fruitarianism, buddhist vegetarianism) if you are an expert in this
field, maybe you could extend the proposal to take this into account?

Cheers,
Martin