[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Underground / hovering buildings

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Wed Feb 16 06:57:19 GMT 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 01:52 +0100, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2011/2/16 Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>:
> >> -1,
> >> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Layer
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:layer
>
> our wiki is becoming something like the bible: you can find a page for
> every opinion ;-)

Thats the great thing about standards, theres so many to choose from.

> I suggest we agree on one version and correct the other one.

Well, the page seems to contradict itself, suggesting that a tunnel
under a building is layer=0.  Also in a note near the bottom of the
page, it is suggested that a flat bridge at the same level as the ground
around it should be level=1, even if what it crosses is far below.

David