[Tagging] Tagging long roads

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:25:52 GMT 2011

2011/2/17 Simone Saviolo <simone.saviolo at gmail.com>:
> 2011/2/17 M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
>> > A slight OT: is there some agreed decision on how to solve conflicts in
>> > tags between a relation and its elements?
>>
>> Yes, correct the wrong one with local knowledge ;-).
>
> Ja, denn die Welt ist perfekt ;-)
> I mean, if the relation says "name=Foo" and the way says "name=Bar", what
> should a consumer do?

I would leave it up to the consumer to decide. Personally I would say
it depends on the tag. For the name tag I would asume that the way is
more probably correct then the relation, because relations are usually
made for ways with the same ref, while the name might change along the
road and I would asume that who made the relation maybe overlooked the
differing name.

I don't think there should be an "agreed decision" how to interpret
contradicting mapping.

> Cheers (and my most sincere apologies for raping the German language)

das war perfektes Deutsch, kein Grund sich zu entschuldigen. (no need
to apologize, it was perfectly correct German) :-)

Cheers,
Martin