[Tagging] [Talk-us] place=city name=Tri-Cities

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Thu Feb 24 04:57:06 GMT 2011

On Wednesday, February 23, 2011 09:06:31 PM Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/876536239
> There's no city named Tri-Cities; this is the name of the metropolitan
> area that comprises Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland. I assume there's no
> defensible reason to keep it tagged as such, but what should be done
> about it?

Once/if the RFC passes… I'd say a site relation[1] tagged place=locality, name=Tri-Cities? That's assuming "Tri-Cities" doesn't have some kind of government body associated with it.

  [1]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Site

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

Always do right. This will gratify some persons and astonish the rest.
-- Mark Twain (234)