[Tagging] [Talk-us] place=city name=Tri-Cities

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:17:44 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Samat K Jain <lists at samat.org> wrote:
> Once/if the RFC passes… I'd say a site relation[1] tagged place=locality, name=Tri-Cities? That's assuming "Tri-Cities" doesn't have some kind of government body associated with it.
>
>  [1]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Site

That doesn't sound like a site relation to me, but rather some kind of
administrative relation. There must be thousands of these kinds of
groupings around the place. France has lots of these
"intercommunalities" - perhaps they'd also qualify. In Australia, we
have paired cities like Albury-Wodonga.

Steve