[Tagging] Boundaries for suburbs

Tyler Gunn tyler at egunn.com
Fri Feb 25 12:06:43 GMT 2011

> I don't think boundary=administrative is appropriate. I'd use landuse=residential name=* with no other tags for a simple subdivision. This ends up rendering reasonably: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=28.4285&lon=-81.4944&zoom=14&layers=M

These are civic recognized sub-areas and neighbourhoods of my city, often times with varying land uses within.  I don't think the landuse=* is appropriate.  I see how the example you're shown works though; I can just see it getting ugly as you can't characterize the landuse of an entire section of the city as one.

Thanks,
Tyler

--
Tyler Gunn