[Tagging] Boundaries for suburbs

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Feb 25 12:54:59 GMT 2011

The reason I use boundary=administrative is because Burke Centre and
the "Neighborhoods" and "Clusters" do have administrative roles. Burke
Centre is a homeowners association (HOA) that has what some would
consider governmental powers, collecting "assessments" (aka taxes),
enforcing standards with legal backing by state law (they can even put
a lien on your house if you don't comply!). Likewise, each
Neighborhood has a board member, and each Cluster has a committee,
which are responsible for paving and maintaining streets and sidewalks
in that Cluster, providing landscaping and trash removal services,
among other things.

There are of course subdivisions which may be named, but don't have
any HOA, which I can understand should not be labeled as
administrative.

Regards,
-Josh