[Tagging] Boundaries for suburbs

Tyler Gunn tyler at egunn.com
Sat Feb 26 17:47:48 GMT 2011

> is the approximative way to place a label and is rendered by mapnik
> is IMHO the "correct" way to do it, but is not recognized by Mapnik.
> This is an result of Mapnik rendering the node as a label and
> rendering the name of _any_ area at high zoom levels. It doesn't
> recognize the boundary relation, but it renders all polygons and
> therefor _also_ the boundary relations.

So it would seem the place node itself is redundant then.  It should just be used as a label.

Perhaps I'll have to download and install Nominatim to see how it handles things too.
Ultimately for display purposes it's one thing, but I'd like these relations/boundaries to be useful and unambiguous when it comes to determining where a particular location is.

Thanks,
Tyler

--
Tyler Gunn