[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - sluice_gate

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:19:57 GMT 2011

Am 03.01.2011 21:20, schrieb Paul Norman:
> They both have elements of flow control, but function in quite different
> ways and look very different. A weir is used to raise the water level or
> control flow, with water flowing over the top. A sluice gate is essentially
> a valve for small waterways.

You might add such a description to the wiki page, as others might be 
confused as much as I was.

BTW: My feeling is, that sluice gates formerly were tagged with 
waterway=weir most of the time anyway.

The suggested term floodgate would be more intuitive for me as a none 
native speaker - if the term fits for native speakers as well.

Regards, ULFL

More information about the Tagging mailing list