[Tagging] Thoughts on how to replace or modify an exist/established tag (Was: Feature Proposal - RFC - sluice_gate)

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Thu Jan 6 04:23:18 GMT 2011

> 2) Post to the talk list asking for feedback/discussion
> 3) About 2 weeks after the last discussion/modifications to the
> proposal you post a vote request to both the tagging and the talk
> lists

  It would be nice to have a list that "map data consumers" could subscribe
to that we could poll to verify that they are or are not using a tag, or get
clarification on how they are using a tag.   (Just what we need....another
blankin' list!)

   But for tags with presets, etc, the process is very drawn out, as Steve
mentioned.  I'm trying to get a minor tag update on one editor - no
accompanying style sheet update.  A single line change, and 2 1/2 months
later it is still several months away from implementation.