[Tagging] Differences in cycleways

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 06:23:56 GMT 2011

  On 6/01/2011 12:25 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> How about railway=* cycleway=track?
> http://www.railstotrails.org/ourWork/trailBuilding/toolbox/informationSummaries/rails-with-trails.html
Heh, didn't think about that. I wouldn't do it, because in practice
those kinds of trails tend to weave around a bit anyway. The idea of
"cycleway=track" meaning "a separate way parallel to this one" is
problematic I think. It works ok in the context of a road where the
"track" is always immediately adjacent to the side of the road (or in
some cases is actually within the road surface, but divided some other way).

Steve