[Tagging] Differences in cycleways

Robert Elsenaar robert at elsenaar.info
Sat Jan 8 12:40:25 GMT 2011

Richard,

This is indeed a great cycleway=track. By the way it is nice that the
feature http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/right_left has
been approved.
Your example can be taggen by:
highway=*
cycleway=track
In fact it is cycleway:both=track, but with no :right or :left we mean that
the track is on both sides.

Question for everybody:
Supposein Richards example the grass lane between highway and cyclewaytrack
is about 2 meters and they have planted a few trees on that grass lane.
Can we still call this a cycleway track?

-Robert-