[Tagging] Combo Weight Bridges

Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:59:12 GMT 2011

2011/1/12 Peter Wendorff <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de>:
> Hi James.
> Here you see a typical double-sign at a German bridge:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WP_Burgtorbr%C3%BCcke.jpg
>
> As you can see, the distinction between oneway-traffic and two-way-traffic
> is usual here too.
>
> I assume the upper sign (showing 70/120) shows a tracked vehicle above as
> these often follow slightly higher max-weight restrictions.
>
> AFAIK in Germany this is only common for bridges, and I don't know a tagging
> scheme for OSM yet.

These signs are refering to "military load class" ("militärische
Lastenklasse"), not to maxweight.

Other than the real weight of the vehicle, these classes contain
factors like the number of axles, overall dimensions of the vehicle
etc.

AFAIK, this does not affect civilian traffic in any way.

-Martin