[Tagging] Combo Weight Bridges

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Jan 12 14:47:48 GMT 2011

Hi James.
Here you see a typical double-sign at a German bridge:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WP_Burgtorbr%C3%BCcke.jpg

As you can see, the distinction between oneway-traffic and
two-way-traffic is usual here too.

I assume the upper sign (showing 70/120) shows a tracked vehicle above
as these often follow slightly higher max-weight restrictions.

AFAIK in Germany this is only common for bridges, and I don't know a
tagging scheme for OSM yet.

regards
Peter