[Tagging] RFC: historic:civilization and historic:period Re: new key civilization

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 16:54:51 GMT 2011

2011/1/12 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> Am I the only one who is thinking that such information are better placed in
> Wikipedia than in OSM ? Or many of this list readers decided to lazily shut
> their mouth because they hope  that such tags will never become popular ?
> What is the next proposal : a tag for the name of the captain of the viking
> boats who invaded England during first millenium ? A subtag for the weight
> and length of the king Arthur's sword ?

You are free to think whatever you want, but for my current mapping
project it is indeed important to know if e.g. a temple is greek or
roman, and if I have the information from which period it dates, why
shouldn't I tag it? As I said, feel free to think that this is as
important as "A subtag for the weight and length of the king Arthur's
sword".