[Tagging] Combo Weight Bridges

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 03:27:23 GMT 2011

> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 18:16:46 +0100
> From: dieterdreist at gmail.com
> To: tagging at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Combo Weight Bridges
>
> 2011/1/12 Martin Simon <grenzdebil at gmail.com>:
> > These signs are refering to "military load class" ("militärische
> > Lastenklasse"), not to maxweight.
> > Other than the real weight of the vehicle, these classes contain
> > factors like the number of axles, overall dimensions of the vehicle
> > etc.
>

> yes, but for this discussion this doesn't change anything ;-)
>

> > AFAIK, this does not affect civilian traffic in any way.
>

> because regular traffic is restricted to 40 tons or has to get special
> permissions for every single transport where all bridges, roads, etc.
> in the way are checked one by one.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Well, my sign is definitely only for civilian traffic here. ;)  And on this bridge, it has the same sign on both directions.
Here's a link to the picture of the sign that I took: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/rickmastfan67/Interstates/P1010122s.jpg (please do not post on any other websites without asking me first).

Anyways, I still think the "maxweight:combo" might work best for this.  I could at least tag the "normal" limit now and wait for some more consensus on how to tag the second weight later if I wanted to.

-- James