[Tagging] Proposed Feature - 2nd RFC - Public Transport

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Thu Jan 13 11:14:48 GMT 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:07:43 +0100
M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> IMHO the definition could be: "A station is a public transport
> facility where vehicles regularly stop to load or unload passengers,
> which is bigger than a pair of bus stops or tram stops." (even if an
> aerialway-station might be smaller). To be even more clear it could
> be: "A station is a public transport facility where vehicles regularly
> stop to load or unload passengers, which in the case of buses or trams
> is bigger than a pair of bus stops or tram stops."

I'm used to a station offering more than just load and unload
eg ticket sales
timetables available
one or more human workers present (becoming less prevalent)
associated kiosk

are any of these things within what other cultures would expect at a
station - to help distinguish it from a couple of bus stops??