[Tagging] building=dormitory for monasteries?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 06:15:39 BST 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 3:10 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have at least 2 problems with this definition:
>
> 1. It doesn't seem to be a British English term (at least not with
> this definition)
> 2. It seems to exclude the use for monasteries
> (3. It was introduced without discussion or proposal)

I'd agree with this - it's a fairly broad term but with a narrow
definition. If it's really restricted to tertiary student
accommodation, a name like "student_accommodation" might have been
better.

The dormitories you're trying to tag, are these open to the public? If
so, perhaps amenity=guest_house? If not...seems like a pretty esoteric
thing to be tagging, so perhaps building=monastery:dormitory or
something.

Steve