[Tagging] building=dormitory for monasteries?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:18:27 BST 2011

2011/6/5 Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 3:10 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have at least 2 problems with this definition:
>>
>> 1. It doesn't seem to be a British English term (at least not with
>> this definition)
>> 2. It seems to exclude the use for monasteries
>> (3. It was introduced without discussion or proposal)
>
> I'd agree with this - it's a fairly broad term but with a narrow
> definition. If it's really restricted to tertiary student
> accommodation, a name like "student_accommodation" might have been
> better.

thing is: shall we continue to go with this narrow definition, or
would it be better to widen the use case (already tagged objects will
not be affected, if the new definition fully comprises them).

> The dormitories you're trying to tag, are these open to the public?

Sometimes they might accomodate guests, but generally they are either
halls for the community to sleep in or will have a typology with a
corridor and small indivual cells for the monks/nuns to sleep.

cheers,
Martin