[Tagging] building=dormitory for monasteries?

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:44:05 BST 2011

I think it'd make sense to broaden the definition:

"Sleeping and living quarters provided by an institution for (large numbers
of) people associated with that institution.  For example, housing for
university students."

Not sure if the "large numbers of" helps or hurts, thus the parentheses.
This broader definition could also be used for other similar things, like
military barracks.

To take it a step further, something like "residence_hall" might be a better
term than "dormitory", but since it's got hundreds of uses already, just
changing the definition might be enough!

Brad