[Tagging] building=dormitory for monasteries?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:00:40 BST 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:44 AM, Brad Neuhauser
<brad.neuhauser at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it'd make sense to broaden the definition:
> "Sleeping and living quarters provided by an institution for (large numbers
> of) people associated with that institution.  For example, housing for
> university students."

Yeah, I think I like this best. Add "typically" before "large numbers of".

We need tags to be somewhat broad and somewhat flexible - a single tag
that defines only a very, very specific kind of thing causes pain
later on when someone wants to map something that is similar, but not
identical. IMHO, having one tag that encompasses university halls of
residence, military barracks, monastic dormitories, and possibly other
places where accommodation of this type is provided, makes sense.

(Although I'm seeing some possible distinction between the tag
describing only the sleeping quarters, or the whole building).

Steve