[Tagging] suitable tag for garden and forest machinery shop

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:00:14 BST 2011

On 22 June 2011 16:14, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> That's for the renderer to sort out... We just need to make sure that the
> data makes/enables the distinctions that we do as humans. The renderer can
> always map multiple tags onto the same icon if it wants to. I think I would
> call this Garden Tools. If it wasn't for the use of the word "lightweight"
> even Agricultural Equipment might be appropriate but that would likely
> include "big boys toys" like combine harvesters as well. Tag it lke it is.
> Where would one look in the "yellow pages" (business telephone directory
> organised by category)?

In mine, it's under "Chainsaws and Brushcutters" and "Lawnmower Sales
and repairs", with many stores listed in both. A few also listed under
"Engine repairs". I can't think of any of them that would sell hand
equipment (Shovels, axes etc) as well, though, we'd go to a totally
different store for that. A garden centre or hardware store might sell
plants, hand tools and maybe even a small selection of power
equipment, but they wouldn't repair it.


More information about the Tagging mailing list