[Tagging] service=drive-through or drive_through?

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:49:35 BST 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:41 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> and also that there's
>> a strong preference for underscores (In fact, there is no hyphenated
>> key or value in the Map Features page).
>
> I think that this is a misconception. Usually we use the underscore in
> keys and formal values where these are several words (in normal
> language separated by a space). Please also note that there is indeed
> some keys which do use hyphens (OK, most of them seem to derive from
> imports):
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=-#keys

Yes and no. It's true that we use underscores simply because we
substitute spaces with underscores. But there's actually a precedent
for substituting an underscore for a hyphen and this is the tag for
specifying power sub-stations (created back in 2007):
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:power%3Dsub_station