[Tagging] landuse:illegal and illegal:yes/no

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:37:44 GMT 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> These barriers being examples for illegal ones doesn't necessarily
> mean that we have to use this wording to tag them, but an informal
> fence would IMHO not be an illegal one but one that is improvised
> (e.g. not made from usual fence material) rather then technically
> accurate.

Thanks. Maybe a word like "disputed" could be used? I'm very wary of
"illegal" because it's very black and white, and it could be quite
hard to verify the exact legal status. The locals might insist it's
legitimate.

Perhaps an even more indirect way could be "owner=unknown" or
something. It would depend a bit on the motivations of the mapper.
>From my perspective, a fence is a fence - it makes no difference who
owns it. But obviously the OP has a use case where it matters.

Steve