[Tagging] propose/help to rename a key -

crom crom9 at online.de
Fri Mar 18 23:45:12 GMT 2011

Hi,
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dprotected_area
does everyone agree, that I change the protected_area wiki-page like that:
replace protect_id with protect_type on the whole page (with
introduction on top)?
And in any transition period, become both tags rendered by their values
in the same manner?

Or do you mean, just mention, that if somebody doesn´t like protect_id
there is an other key ready?

Another point for update:
------------------------------
To give an area an external order-system-identifier (-code) use a "ref"
addition. "ref" its common in OSM for external IDs.

most often used seems to be this format:
ref:system_abbr=
ref:source:system_abbr=
ref:category:system_abbr=
_but_: more comfortable for listings and to give the favour for is:
system_abbr:ref=*
system_abbr:ref:source=*
system_abbr:ref:category=*
I would update some of the additional keys therewith - as recommend
method. Its ok for OSM like this?

thanks,
regards, crom