[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - Sidewalk

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Mar 21 17:12:08 GMT 2011

Hi.
I agree that the schemes could possibly coexist.
What I'm missing currently at the option to tag sidewalks as tags at the
main street (the option [1]) is the possibility to tag detailled crossings.
How to tag attributes of a e.g. zebra crossing differing between left
and right of the way?
Including "namespaces" left and right might be okay at ways, but the
crossing itself is usually tagged on a node of the way, if the sidewalks
are not mapped separately.

The "hack" around that would be to map sidewalks separately around the
crossings itself - but then there is no argument left to not do that
everywhere in the city, too.

If anybody has a solution to tag crossings with tags only at the
street's way, I would appreciate to learn more.

My target group are especially people with impairments - blind people or
people with wheelchairs. Here curb heights (sloped_curb), tactile
pavings (tactile_paving) and features of traffic signals are especially
important.

regards
Peter