[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Sidewalks as separate ways

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Mar 25 14:18:11 GMT 2011

I would encourage everyone interested in this to review the proposal
as I've amended it. I've made it clear that the suggestion to use
relations with sidewalks is a related, but separate issue.

The proposal now solely consists of adding the footway=sidewalk and
footway=crossing tags. Further proposals can work out details of using
relations.

I've been using this scheme in my area and it has worked quite well,
though my sidewalks are separated by at least a curb and a strip of
grass, and sometimes even parking (orthogonal).

-Josh