[Tagging] Nuclear Key

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at glebius.int.ru
Sun Mar 27 12:26:09 BST 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 12:01:28PM +0100, Andrew Ainsworth wrote:
A> As someone who works in the industry could I just point a couple of things
A> out.
A>
A> generator:source=nuclear implies fission. There are no fusion generators
A> anywhere in the world. There are experimental fusion reactors dotted around
A> but none of them generate electricity, let alone generate anything for the
A> grid.
A>
A> Listing the type of reactor (PWR for example) seems like a reasonable idea
A> but we shouldn't get into tagging safety features such as core catcher.
A> There is a virtually endless list of safety/security technologies used on
A> these plants and OSM isn't the place to list them. If you wanted to collate
A> this information there should be a separate database.

We are making map, not encyclopedia. So we should provide only name of a
power plant, and a link to wikipedia article, where any additional info
can be found, if user of the map is interested in it.

That would be:

power=generator
generator:source=nuclear
name=foo
wikipedia:en=the_foo_nuclear_power_plant

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.