[Tagging] landuse:illegal and illegal:yes/no

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 17:35:29 BST 2011

2011/3/29 Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net>:
> On 3/29/11 8:09 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> 2
>> In fact they should. I mean not necessarily for different plants, but
>> for different adjacent crops. Mapping single crops is enhancing the
>> map with detail about the topological layout of an area.
>
> i'm of two minds on this.
>
> farmers do occasionally shift the boundaries between different
> crops, so like anything else on a map, this is subject to bit rot.

In Germany or Italy this is not the case. The might shift inside a
crop if they have growing different plants in one crop, but the limits
of the field are legal ones: often the property is spread and the
landscape mixed with lots of different properties, so they can't
simply shift the borders, unless they buy or lease other fields.