[Tagging] parking spaces limited to cars (no busses, trucks, etc.)

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Sun May 1 00:27:52 BST 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 00:56 +0200, Stefan Bethke wrote:

> > Maybe the alternative is to instead tag that its only suitable for
> > single-tracked vehicles (ie. access=no motorbike=yes) rather than trying
> > to figure out what isnt allowed?  From how I read the discussion that
> > seems to be the problem?
>
> My concrete problem is a parking lot that only cars are allowed to use,
> but not trucks nor busses (technically, parking is allowed for two
> track vehicles with no trailers, not exceeding a gross mass of 3.5
> tonnes).

A simple tag would be hgv, which I think technically means a gross mass
exceeding 4.5, but close enough.  You dont have to tag every possible
access option, if you have hgv=no then its pretty obvious that access is
forbidden for heavy vehicles.  Im fairly sure hgv also includes buses,
although you can use psv for buses if you want it explicitly.

David