[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - area:highway

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:08:01 BST 2011

On 5/11/2011 11:36 AM, Simone Saviolo wrote:
> No, wait. I put landuse up to the border of the "property", let's say up
> to the fence; then there (may be) the sidewalk; then there's the road (I
> know that "road" legally includes the sidewalks too; I'm using it here
> with the commonly used meaning). The residential, industrial, whatever
> landuse stops before the sidewalk: the sidewalk is NOT part of a
> residential landuse, for instance.

OK, that's what I thought. Unless there is someone who puts the sidewalk
inside the landuse, there's no point in mentioning landuse in this proposal.

(By the way, I go up to the property line too in those cases where the
landuse changes at the road. If the landuse is the same on both sides,
I'll include the road in the landuse polygon, however.)