[Tagging] Tags for neighborhoods / subdivisions

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed May 11 19:28:59 BST 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that they're important to map. But they're not administrative units,
> and shouldn't be mapped as such.

How do you suggest doing this without breaking the way people expect a
service like Nominatim to operate? You're proposing that I remove
admin_level=* from Burke, but that is the "city" that everyone in
Burke uses for their mailing address, and is indeed what the USPS
uses. The only strict administrative unit in my area is Fairfax
County, which is a place with over a million people. Whether we like
it or not admin_level is used for more than just strict administrative
units. We either need to admit it and keep on using it, or create
something else and change the many existing uses to the new key.

-Josh