[Tagging] Residential gardens: deprecate leisure=garden, suggest alternative

Andrew Chadwick (lists) a.t.chadwick+lists at gmail.com
Tue May 24 10:40:04 BST 2011

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I think a plan is emerging, and I've
updated
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:leisure%3Dgarden#Deprecate_this_for_private.2C_residential_gardens.3F
with the pros and cons of the suggested alternative schemes as I
understand them.

Right now it looks like the pros of garden=residential outweigh those of
the others, and that tag doesn't seem to have any major problems. It
also extricates us from the landuse=* warren and keeps a lot of precise
meaning on a single object without being too heavyweight.

Looks like there's general consensus that landuse is not for small
parcels. Good enough for me.

--
Andrew Chadwick